Monday 9 September 2013

New Kitchen Paint

It had to be done. Once we decided to paint the Living/Dining Room Edgecomb Gray, we knew that the time had come to paint the kitchen again.
I have had the Benjamin Moore Kensington Green colour chip in my purse for a very long time now. 
Ever since I saw this picture:



                                                           House of Turquoise

So one evening we were in Lowes and I just decided to have it mixed up and go for it.

After two coats of paint our kitchen now looks more like this:


The walls are now BM Kensington Green (mixed in Olympic One).

The rest of it looks like this:


We added trim work around the doorway. It looks so much nicer now.

One day we will change the light but not until we figure out the whole plan.



There is soooo much that I would love to do to this room. But it's not a necessity, the room works as it is.
But one day.....
With a hubby who works with customs kitchens as his job, we have many ideas for this space. It could function much better and be much more custom.
I'd love to have wood planked walls in here somewhere, or bead board on the ceiling. I would love to make a built in seat in front of the bay window. I am always thinking up new ideas ;)
But for now it will work just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new reader who just came over from The Inspired Room. I've enjoyed looking at all the work you've done on your home. Love the colors. You have great style!
    Jill @ Still Keeping On The Narrow Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      It sure is a "work in progress", but it really is starting to feel like us.

      Delete