I have been wanting to do this for awhile. Then last weekend the hubby needed a project to work on. It has rained every weekend and this one was no different.
So here's what we started with:
The brick was in terrible condition. We painted it last year. But it was still horrible.
So we basically created a "cover" for it. If someone ever decides that they want the wood burning fireplace back, it is still underneath.
Basically the frame is just 2x4's and then covered in a MDF sheet.
Then we added moldings and made a mantel.
Now it looks like this:
Now it is feeling much more cozy down there.
The hubby wants a new colour on the walls and I am having a hard time deciding what direction to go with it.
He is starting another project down there right now! He goes in bursts when he has an idea. So we are coming along :)